You will need:
- The Instrument Flying Handbook (IFH)
- The Instrument Procedures Handbook (IPH)
- The Pilot’s Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge (PHAK)
- Federal Aviation Regulations/Aeronautical Information Manual (FAR/AIM)
- An Electronic Flight Bag (EFB)
- Our instructors use ForeFlight. We recommend you do the same.
You can purchase texts online or in person the first night of the class. In order to follow along with your EFB, you’ll probably want to order a ForeFlight-approved iPad ahead of time, but you can often use an iPhone or access ForeFlight online at plan.foreflight.com. Once your instrument flight training begins, an iPad is critical for ease of access to charts.